November 06, 2013

OAFC Day 4: Light Tone

No comments:
 
Catch of the day: Light Tone
Today's photography session was dedicated to the "Light tone" filter. The effect is quite subtle through the viewfinder, but your pictures end up muted. I can see this may have been aimed at emulating a vintage film camera. I think the effect would be very positive if your scene is warm overall, but as you can see in the pictures below, today was overcast and the overall effect was... drab. In addition to shooting with this filter outside, I also took some indoor photos to switch up the scenery a bit. This filter was not as exciting to use as "pop art" or "dramatic tone", but I still enjoyed shooting with it and felt as if my head was in the clouds all morning. 

Fluff, 50mm, f/4, 1/1000, iso 250
Broken symmetry, 15mm, f/8, 1/180, iso 320
Tread, 40mm, f/4, 1/125, iso 640
Tools, 15mm, f/8, 1/15, iso 500
Dtype 50mm, f/4, 1/30, iso 1000 
This is most likely not a filter that I am going to use often (if ever again)... Looking back I probably should have switched from auto white balance to a warmer tone to try and get that vintage film look. I guess it is just not my style as an  increase in contrast and clarity are hands down the first thing I alter during my post processing workflow. Hope you enjoyed some of these photos =) There are still SEVEN filters left and I can only imagine what tomorrow will bring! Thanks for stopping by!

Sam D.

More sample photos:







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff