April 17, 2015

MegaCon 2015 with the OMD EM5

No comments:
 

Orlando has held an annual comic/geek-culture convention called MegaCon since 1993 and it has grown to epic proportions in the last few years. I could not find any information for this year, but there was a record breaking 80,000 attendees in 2014. I had never been to one of these events but since a lot of people participate in cosplay I figured it would be a fun place to practice photography. I decided to dip my toes in (attending Saturday) and packed my bag full of (too much) photography gear. This included my EM5, three lenses (45mm f/1.8, 28mm f/2.8 + generic focal reducer, and 14mm f/2.5), two Yongnuo YN560-III speedlights, a YN560-TX flash trigger and a ringflash adapter. I wish I would have left the flash gear at home because there was plenty of available light and I felt it just got in the way sometimes. I set out to take as much cosplay portraits as I could but at the same time did not want to be that annoying photographer guy who was just there to take photos. Next year I am definitely buying a three day pass and participating in the cosplay. I think this will not only translate into more fun for me, but it will be a lot easier to approach people and ask for their photo. Nevertheless, I had a blast running around this year; not only did I meet a bunch of great cosplayers, I also found the event to be a great place for street photography. Below are some of my efforts, hope you enjoy! -Sam



If you live in, or are traveling to Florida and would like to schedule a photo-shoot, I am currently offering portrait services in and around Central Fl. Check out more of my work at www.samgoldphotography.com

Portraits



Siren


Ballerina Dentata from "Cabin in the Woods"

Unknown - I lost this guy's contact info :( 

Aoba from DRAMAtical Murder
 
Harley Quinn and The Riddler

Zipperface 

Street/Candid Portraits


Cosplay

The Masses

Mallet

Pinball

Star Wars Heels 

Magic The Gathering

Go Go Power Rangers

Mini Boba Fett
Distracted Aoba

Skull Kid from Legend of Zelda

PacMan

Predator

The Importance of Social Media


Deadpool Tweeting

Raiden updating his Facebook status

Sango Pinning

Link Instagramming



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff